Details on ROBOT CHICKEN's Fifth Season
Published: October 9, 2010 - 6:26am
The NYCC Robot Chicken Panel gave happy fans some sneak peek into some of the shenanigans going down in the fifth season.
The Adult Swim series Robot Chicken was created by Seth Green and Matt Senreich. The show consist of parodies with popular pop culture references and sketch comedies using stop motion animation of toys, action figures, dolls, and claymation; among other things.
This season expect more mayhem from Green and Senreich and another Christmas special, which will air on Dec. 10, 2010, as well as another installment in their Star Wars specials due to air on Dec. 19, 2010.
...ology.com posted information from the panel footage that fans were treated to at the NYCC.
- Superman and Santa face off in a race to determine who's faster. Surprisingly, no sex jokes.
- Too much Santa footage to remember, but it looks as if there are a few snippets involving the jolly old guy.
- Batman and Robin terrorizing the little kiddies by forcing them to sniff their armpits. (Funny when it's part of the overall music montage in the clip.)
- Culkin reprising his Home Alone role, but getting caught in the traps he laid
- A look at Palpatine's life story, spanning back to The Phantom Menace
- Much more alien lovin', including Admiral Ackbar in the bath
- Gangster Wookiees
- Riffs including beloved characters from the original trilogy
- Oh, and it's an hour long this time
- Transformers 3 and racism
- Hilarious bits with childhood toys: Teddy Ruxpin and Kermit
- Dirty, dirty food
Also expect a couple of Twilight skits as well. One focusing on Twilight being a video game and one poking fun at the fact that Edward is really old and dating a teenager. Captain America will be featured in an episode and expect a lot of Lord of the Rings skits, many focusing on Gandalf. Avatar will have a parody skit this season with a smooth R&B song called "Blue Rabbits F*cking."